Milgaard Inquiry

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Former Prosecutor "Shocked" to Discover Milgaard's Innocence

The main witness at the inquiry this week is Bobs Caldwell, David's original prosecutor. The Star Phoenix reported yesterday that Caldwell was "shocked" when he learned that DNA evidence completely exonerated Milgaard from the crime. Up until that moment, he had been convinced that David was guilty. However, after he heard about the DNA, Caldwell said that he apologized to Milgaard and his family and joined them in calling for the present inquiry.

Still no word on my end as to whether or not David will testify in one form or another -- i.e., by video -- but I'll let everyone know what's happening as soon as I find out. If anyone should hear before me, please feel free to post an announcement here. Many thanks.

Sigrid Mac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]

Powered by E-GuestBooks Server.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.