Milgaard Inquiry

Friday, March 11, 2005

Who am I?

No, that is not an existential question that keeps me awake at night. It's a question that you might be asking yourself as you're reading this blog. Well, firstly, I'm a freelance writer living in Ottawa, Ontario. I'm in the process of completing my second book, which is what I should be working on right now instead of writing here in this blog! But I much prefer writing to editing because it's a more creative process.

Secondly, I am the former Co-coordinator of the Milgaard Support Group in Ottawa, which I ran with Joyce's advisement and the invaluable help of her niece, Ann Augstman.

Thirdly, I'm a friend of the Milgaards. I know Joyce extremely well, have met her wonderful husband, Lorne, and her intelligent daughter Maureen. If you want to see pictures of the Milgaards and me, click on my Milgaard Photo Album.

I have also met David and saw him on several occasions in the early nineties when he got out a prison. Understandably, he was having a difficult time back then, but one thing that always struck me about David was his lack of bitterness. Joyce is a devoutly religious person whereas Dave is more of a spiritual person. Both are strong, courageous, forgiving souls, but they're tough. They are tenacious and persistent, and are willing to follow this sad saga out to its final conclusion, so that there can be true justice for other people.

That explains my interest in the Milgaard case. What is your interest in wrongful convictions? Please take a moment to write in my guestbook. Or be bold and deflower the Milgaard Message board!

Sigrid Macdonald 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ Sign My Guestbook] [ View My Guestbook]

Powered by E-GuestBooks Server.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.